The Zimmer Children's Museum is seeking friendly, fun volunteers!
The Zimmer Children’s Museum is dedicated to teaching people about the BIG IDEAS of global citizenship, community responsibility, and cultural sensitivity.
Our mission is to make a better society through interactive learning, creative self-expression and art experiences for children and families.
The Zimmer Children’s Museum is a non-profit cultural institution located on Museum Row in Los Angeles, and features hands-on exhibits for children 0-8 to explore BIG IDEAS in creative and inspiring settings. The Zimmer is also the only museum dedicated specifically to kids and families in Los Angeles.
Volunteers are a very important role of the Museum's day to day operations and we offer many wonderful opportunities in an exciting environment. Volunteers are needed for Visitor Services, Field trip and program assistance, in the art studio and with administrative support! We also welcome special skills that you may have!
Great for teens and adults! Schedules may vary but we welcome weekly/monthly regular volunteers as well as volunteers for special events/programs.
For Adult Volunteers
At the Zimmer, we are committed to providing the highest-quality programming that serves our audience best. In order to do this, we need supporters who give of their own time, talent and treasure! There are many ways for you to participate as a volunteer! Volunteers at the Zimmer provide a variety of services that support the mission of the museum including:
- Serving in focus groups and committees to give feedback and brainstorm ideas about programs, events and exhibits. Parents, teachers, and caregivers needed!
- Contributing specialized skills on a project basis (i.e. marketing, design, performers, etc.)
- Participating on the floor of the museum (i.e. program support, greeting visitors, hosting groups, etc.)
Please fill out the Volunteer Application below:
To download a Volunteer Application, click HERE.
For Youth ages 12 and up
Become a Zteam-ster! *NEW!
Do you like to go to festivals? Sing karaoke? Run around with a video camera? Battle it out with your friends on Facebook? Then we want YOU as part of the Zteam!
What is the Zteam? It’s a group of hip teens that help out the Zimmer by volunteering their time at the museum. Volunteering is a great way to learn more about the Zimmer and get the inside scoop on all of our programs and special events, all while having tons of fun with your friends! Zteam-sters can be found:
- Representing the Zimmer at festivals and community events (AKA running around in awesome Zteam t-shirts, telling people why they should love the museum)
- Helping out at museum special events and Sunday family programs
- Thinking up crazy new social media and marketing shenanigans
- Taking pictures and videos of our museum visitors having a blast
- Designing game shows? Sure, why not
- ….and then, writing blog posts about what it’s like to volunteer at the Zimmer!
Interested in becoming a member of the Zteam? Fill out an application today!
Send the completed application to:
Visitor Services Manager
Fax: (323) 761-8990
Mail: Zimmer Children's Museum (ATTN: Sasha Karlova)
6505 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90048